Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5215 Phone Keeps Rebooting w/ "Assert @ 1421"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2005
US
Hello,
We have a 3300 with 5020 IP phones connected to it. These phones have been working fine. We recently purchased several 5215 dual mode phones and had a vendor install licenses. I tried adding these phones as new extensions but the phones give an error on boot up and then reboot.

Here's what the 5215 displays when I start 'er up:

1) 08-00-0F-1A-0A-15
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

2) DHCP: Discovery
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

3) DHCP: Ack
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

4) DHCP: Releasing
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

5) VLAN 2 PRI 6
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

6) DHCP: Ack
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

7) 192.168.1.24
Downloading... 114

8) Starting Main
Downloading... 114

9) (Blank Screen)

10) Main Ver 1.00.00.16
Boot Ver 01.00.00.28

11) Assert @ 1421
rtos_dhcp.cpp

Then it repeats.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I've forgotten to set up? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

What software version are you running on the 3300? Before, we had version 4.1 and bought some 5220 dual mode phones. I can't remember if it was the same error you have, but the phones would not boot-up completely. As it turned out, version 4.1 did not have the image file for the dual mode phones. Luckily, we were going to upgrade to version 5.1 anyway, which had the image for the 5220 dual mode phones.

GunsNRoses is right. You 3300 software is not new enough to support the dualmode sets. You will have to upgrade to 5.1 or higher. 5.0.5.5 says it supports dualmode phones but the bootloads are faulty. If you have 5.0.5.5 you can ftp newer bootloads in and get the sets to boot, but you are better off getting a software upgrade.

Thank you all for the information. I ran the version maintenance command from the GUI and, along with a lot of other stuff, it gave me "3300 ICP Call Control 33.1.0.46_SP7." This version doesn't seem to be in the same range as what you folks are talking about. Is there another version I should be looking at? Is it at all possible to load the phone image without upgrading? I've been told that the MiTAI version we're using won't work if we upgrade our software. We have CTI applications running that are using functionality specific to our version of MiTAI and we can't afford to rewrite the CTI apps right now. If nothing else works, maybe we'll just send back the 5215s and get some 5020 refurbs.

Thanks

Left Click on System Administration
On the bottom-left side of the System Admin page you will see the words "about system administration"
Click on this and it will present you with a screen showing you the version of software you are running.

what load are you using? i would check the release note to see if those sets are supported

The software version we have is 5.0.5.11.

I'm not sure what load we're using. I ftp'd in and looked in the tftp folder. I found files called BootIp5215Dpl_00.bin and MinetIp5215Dpl.bin (among others). The datestamp on both is 12/27/1990. While our new phones are 5215s, we're currently using 5020 IP phones but I don't see any files in there with 5020 in the name.

Where can I get a copy of the correct/nonfaulty bootload for 5215s?

Once I have the correct file, do I just ftp it into that folder and replace the old one?

Thanks!

Well, you would get the correct load from a newer release of software, or perform a software upgrade. If I were you I would arrange to get an upgrade done to 6.1 so that you are current. Your vendor should be able to help you out there. If they can't drop an email address and I can arrange to send them to you.

Thanks MitelMan. I would really appreciate it. Can you please email to Mitel@Media-Trac.com?
Thanks

MitelMan,
Thanks for the boot files. I only replaced the 5215 boot file for the Minet protocol. Everything worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back