Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

50mb word file !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismithcvs

Technical User
Aug 23, 2006
GB
maybe someone can enlighten me on this one - I've got a word file which has for some reason gone from being 280kb in size to just over 50mb! when i 'select all' and copy and paste it into a new word document, the new document goes back to being 280kb in size! any ideas?

Simply: it's corrupt. If this is Word 2003, then use File, Open and highlight the document. Then use Open and Repair.

If it isn't Word 2003, then use SaveAs and save the file in RTF format, close it, open it and SaveAs a document again.

Regards: tf1

You tell 'em tf.

chrismithcvs - there are so many things that can screw up a Word file there is no real point in trying to figure out why. Follow tf's suggestion and consider yourself lucky if you get your document back in a decent piece.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Try tf1's way first...
Otherwise you have many options for word recovery tools those are free on net. I know one tool Word-Repair.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back