Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

509 ACS strange issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello everyone;
I have installed 1000s of Partner systems for around 20 years & don't think I ever ran across this issue before.

Ext. 40 is the only problem Ext. that I know of right now.
When ever anyone intercoms it after 2 rings (if she don't answer) you hear a different kind of tone, then you get disconnected.
It's a 509 R 7.0 & they have just the two port PC voicemail card & her Ext. does have voicemail.
I bumped the number of rings #321 on her phone up to 9, still get that tone back after two rings.
I put a DND button on her phone & her voicemail greeting answers.
I switched her phone out & same thing.

In their 5 slot carrier is, in this order, 206 card,206 card, 509 processor, 308 card, & 012 card.
I just recently moved the 308 card in slot 4 (removing another 206 card) from slot 5 & installing the 012 card so they can have more Exts.
Wouldn't think that should of cause the issue I'm having?

I'm thinking she might of accidently dialed some feature code to cause this, but can't think of what?

I checked all of her buttons & nothing out of the ordinary.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Try reassigning the mailbox to a phantom extension, then go back in and reassign it to her ext 40 and retest.Also if you disable voicemail on ext 40 will it continue to ring and ring?

Thanks Joe;
I just back from there & found the issue.
She had a fax machine tied to her Ext. & it was plugged into the phone port of the fax machine.
Then her fax was setup for tel/fax mode to answer after two rings.
I plugged her fax to the line port, made it to manual mode & changed the rings to 15 on all options.
They only use it to fax out.

I probably would of noticed a fax tone in the beginning, but this was such a lower tone pitch I never heard before.
Don't know if that had to do with it being in the phone port of her fax or what.

All is resolved.

Great idea, a fax stick could have worked as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back