Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

503 Service Unavailable. Unable to connect to XX.XX.XX.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

abostonma7

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2007
US
Hi guys,
I need HELP!!! I am experiencing a big problem:
Our server hosts a web site, that for some reason we cannot access (internally and externally). I recently created a Forward Lookup zone for it. But it is still not working. Are ideas? What would you check first? Thanks

P.S. XX.XX.XX.XX is the external IP address of the server.

So I assume that this website was/is working, just the forward lookup is not working. (does it resolve correctly, do you get a 503 when you use the IP alone)

503, means the web server is responding (I think). Are you using Named Based Virtual Hosting? Perhaps your server is 503-ing because it doesn't have a match.

eugene

Yes, the web site was not working before. Any thoughts? Thanks

You might want to post this to the correct forum since it isn't a DNS problem from appearances.

Can you get to the web page from that server itself, either using a browser, wget or telnet (port 80)?

If you connect and get those results, you need to look at the logs, my suspicion is some backend service is not started.

eugene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back