Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5020 softphone ver 2.6 on windows 7 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dval18

Technical User
Feb 2, 2012
CA
I have an instance of the Nortel 2050 softphone ver 2.6 installed on a Windows 7 64-bit laptop. It installed fine, and seems to work ok except I don't get voice audio on it. However, the phone rings when I call its extension. Has anyone seen this problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Are you using the softphone on the same network that the BCM belongs with as I have this problem when I try to connect up to my test BCM 50 across the Internet.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I'm on the same network with the BCM50. I should have included this piece of info. My bad.

Mhhmm, and to use it the user needs the upgrade license and the license server running. Not worth for one client.

Verify that your firewall is not blocking traffic for that application.
When you run for the first time, it asked to accept or block private and public connection.
Make sure you have enable both of them

I am using IP Softphone 2.01.0260 with Windows 7 64 bit and it works great and more work even on Windows 8
So happy with it. No licence needed. Like you we are only two user who are using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back