Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5000 hunt group overflow issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitelmatt

Vendor
Oct 3, 2007
GG
Hi guys

Strange one for you before I raise it with Mitel.

5000 6sp1

I have a hunt group which has 2 x ext lists as members in linear mode.

It also has an overflow after 45 seconds to another group.

All good and works. Excepts...

If a call comes in and isn't answered and overflowed to the overflow point and then answered there, then when an agent in the 2 ext lists comes available there phone rings and when they answer it the caller talking to the overflow person is automatically connected to it! This leaves the caller very confused as the caller is suddenly talking to someone else out the blue!

Anyone else seen this? And more importantly know how to stop it?

Thanks

This is very common for new techs. The terminology is different to a lot of other PBXs

The overflow is not as it seems, this is for a second announcement and repeats as per the overflow timer.
Your overflow point is answering the call but the system is just seeing this as an announcement.
When the hunt group member becomes available they will get the call.

You want to program the Recall position and timer.

hi Sarond

Ah I see that makes sense on why it is happening.

So do I use Recall position and timer to send the call elsewhere if no one is available?

Thanks v much

Matt

Correct, use recall position to send the call to another destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back