Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5000 Clicking and Popping on incoming calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dseevers

Programmer
Aug 9, 2012
US
The system is feed with analog trunks and I am sure this has a quite a bit to do with it. The network is a gig network but their IT guy for whatever reason refused to set up a vlan for voice and data, so is there a possibility that this could be a problem as well. Any suggestions you may have would be great.

If these aren't actually true analog lines and are actually fed from the provider using a modem/breakout box then this will be the issue, they are often a poor emulation of a real line resulting in issues as you describe :)

Have you tried disconnecting a trunk from the 5000 and making a call on it directly via a butt set? Clicking and popping still there indicates the trunk is the issue.

P.S their IT guy is a goof. Most likely he doesn't know how.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

The system is connected with direct co trunks. I tested a few calls and they all seemed to be fine on the trunks. But for some reason I thought when I took the class they said something about this issue going from an analog trunk to a voip network. Maybe I am missing something.

Analog lines to IP phones on any system can cause voice quality issues, but it's usually more of an echo problem than a clicking/pop :)

Did you try fooling around with the echo profiles to see if it has any impact on the issue , I think by default there set to 4.

No I never really did try this, didn't exactly have the confidence to know I was doing the right thing by changing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back