Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5000--adding UVM port licenses, programming required or just a license file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDiver

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
US
Good day to everyone!

HX5000/MiVoice Office 250

I am looking to add four UVM port license to our existing four UVM port license. I figured enabling the additional ports would require installing a new license file. Dealer says a bit of programming is required as well. Does anyone know whether additional programming, beyond installing a new license file is required?

The reason I ask about the programming is HR will be sending a letter to some past employees that will be generating additional call volume. HR is going to assign only one employee to answer calls (DID to one extension), which will route some incoming calls to voice mail. I will show employee how to answer call and place on hold, while this isn't the best method, it will catch some calls, but probably not all. Therefore I expect VM to catch some calls. My expectation is based on a previous batch of letters HR sent, with only the companies main number listed. During the week following the previous letter, call volume to the main number doubled, additional people were helping answer calls, and some calls still were routed to the AA, with some abandoned.

I suspect there are other ways to handle the large call volume (such as ACD. which is licensed on the main node, but not Remote ACD hunt groups). While I can handle adds and changes, I don't have the know how to figure out other methods of dealing with the additional call volume. There are two nodes, both with four UVM ports licensed. The second node doesn't handle any VM at this time (hosted on primary node), I wonder if there is a way to utilize the second node UVM.

A big thanks to anyone who can answer the question about programming required for additional UVM port licenses, or anyone with a solution to the call volume.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back