Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5000 5.1 day / night issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I have a 5.1 HX using analog trunks. I set the day ring-in for the attendant and the night ring-in to STAR...where in the system do I define the day and night hours for the trunk groups?

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0, NuPoint I&M 4.2

If I remember rightly, this is done by the FAC 8860 if you're using a dial 9 database.

I don't think you can auto-switch the lines over. Not that I can think of anyway.

Can you not set the day to go to a star and schedule it in "day ring in hours" go to the auto attendant and out of hours whatever the star currently does? This way everything is automated and you could use Night service for something like an emergency unexpected status like a fire alarm evacuation etc.

ChrisMitel: yes you can! I had it that way, but because the callers hear "please wait while your call is being transferred to the operator" before it rang the attendant phone, they hated it.

Whirlwind5uk: So, they have a day / night setting on CO Trunks that is not time sensitive...that is what I was starting to believe before I posted....

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E

Oh yeah, what is an FAC 8860?

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E

Feature Access Code 8860 is just the code to dial on the phones. Check Feature Access Codes for the Night On/Off code. At least you could program that up as a key on the phone so someone hits it on the way out to change it to Night-In and point to the STAR.

If you wanted to go down the STAR route also mention - I've had the "Call being transferred to..." message come up today actually. If you wanted to try that again, I wonder if the Attendant had a mailbox. If the transfer destination from a CRA has a mailbox it wants to play the prompt. If that is the case, in the Mailbox main page there is an option that says "Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt" Change this to No and they won't get that message.

whirlwind:

I'll check my access codes for night. She doesn't have a MB but is in the extension list. I may build her a box, and turn the prompt off, for I would prefer it routing thru STAR.

Thanks, Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E

Use the STAR for Day Mode. Make your Night CRA the default in that STAR. Within the STAR, create an entry for your Open (Day) hours that has a CRA that transfers to your Attendant. In your CO Trunk Group make Day Ring go to STAR & make Night Ring go to Night CRA. Now you will be fully automated (Day Mode) with a manual override (Night Mode) for special events/early closures.

Turning of the "Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt" (in MB/Ext ID) will get rid of "please wait while your call is being transferred to the operator".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back