Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 V2 and Gamma SIP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimers

Vendor
Jan 16, 2007
GB
Hi

I have an IP500 V2 on 7.0 (23)

After the usual messing about I got the SIP line working correctly about 2 months ago and all has been working well till Friday morning.

Registration is working and a call in or out gets the normal phone ring but when answered no voice is heard in either direction.

Got a response from Gamma who are adamant it is being caused by the phone system not sending the WAN ip address back when doing the handshake/200 OK message back to their servers

They sent a screen shot of a trace showing incoming connection type of IP4 and the connection address of 0.0.0.0. This apparently should contain our external IP address.
They say this even though they must know our address from the registration process and the fact that initial call set up is working.

I have checked the config and can't see any changes on the IP Office, and the voice dedicated Internet router appears to be working fine.

The only place the external IP is provided is in the Stun settings area where I have open internet set thereby avoiding the use of the Stun service

I cannot see any other setting that allows me to affect the handshake.

It's a Sunday afternoon and I am wanting to get the client back working asap. Any ideas gratefully received.

Tim

What version of Gamma are you using? IP authentication or Username & Password authentication.

Hi kxt308
It's the V3.1 - Username and Password option

Checking an old config on 6.0(18) the only settings i've used is

SIP Line
ITSP IP Address - 83.245.6.81
Call Routing - To Header
UDP & LAN1 Topology

SIP URI
Local URI - DDI
Contact - DDI
Display Name - DDI
Registration - As per SIP Credentials

ARS
N;
Dial
N"@83.245.6.81"

Having looked at the above & compairing it to a Samsung i've just done the IP address for Gammas platform are different. Samsung uses 88.215.60.40. Weather this makes a difference i'm not sure.

I'm using he 88.215.60.40 address. I will ask them if this is correct and whether I should be using the other address but I there platforms are supposed to be vendor independent so I doubt if it will matter.
I assume that you also use "open Internet" rather than using a 3rd party Stun?

Sounds like s STUN issue if you are not giving them your public IP.

What have you got in the relavent LAN ports (the one you have the SIP line on) Network Topology tab.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

In the Stun server config, Stun is ignored if open internet is chosen and the external IP address is manually set.

The IP office registers hence innitial establishment of call is successful and ringing of phones occurs whether a call is outbound or inbound

All external ports are forwarded by the router to the IP Office. Stun should not be required in these circumstances.
In any case Gamma don't provide one so short of creating my own there is none.

So you have forwarded all RTP ports???

Jamie Green

So the router says.

I'm using Lan2 with an internal address through to an ADSL router with NAT

Gamma are saying that the voice part of the connection does not have our external address in the handshake so they don't know where to send the voice traffic.

Perhaps the IP office doen't send out the address from the LAN2 network topology field.
But it has all worked for 2 months - all very confusing or should I say frustrating

Put the router in bridge mode or set it up correclty.
SIP and NAT do not work together.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

is it possible the router / firewall had a firmware upgrade that has some SIP ALG enabled?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

The one and only Gamma SIP I have done used a STUN of 132.177.123.13. This worked a treat and we have had no support calls from that site. This was on a Gamma Assured connection using IP address, so slightly different I suppose.

Gamma does not provide one but they do say they need one. They should host one in my opinion, but hey ho!!!

Try using that STUN Server, set it to run on startup and reboot the kit. You shouldn't need to do any port forwarding with this.

Last thing to check is your IP routing. Make sure your not sending traffic back out on the wrong LAN port.

Jamie Green

Thanks all for your comments. I have resolved the problem.

The router was to blame. It appeared to be working OK but when I swapped it for a Draytek all my issues went away.

By the way the 132.177.123.13 stun is a service provided by stunserver.org and is freely available. I am using it but be aware that if it disappears and you have run stun on reboot then you could easily loose connection following a weekend power fail for instance.

The moral of the story is to throw away the freebie router from the ISP and put in a decent unit from day 1

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back