Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 set lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomproPA

Technical User
Apr 20, 2006
US
hi folks, i built a 500 set for a fax machine in one of our remote offices. the girl hooked up the TN to the house pair and the line is busy. i stat the TN and it's busy. then i go to LD 80, run a trac and the Switch says the TN is in lockout. why does this happen and how do you fix?

i used to just be able to disable the TN, re-enable and it would clear. tried it, but does not fix the problem. i also tried moving to a new TN and the new TN is now in lockout as well.

do i have a bad card or just a couple of bad ports?

I think you have something bad that's connected to it?
I would suggest you check what or how the physical connection is to the device?
Cheers!!

roh... ringer off hook. a 600 ohn loop is the request for dialtone in any analog switch.. if that pair/jack or fax is bad.. you will always stay locked out.. i've never had a port do that but it could happen

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Lockout means it has been offhook for too long and is not releasing. Try removing the connection from the TN to the cable pair and stat if it goes into and idle state then check cable pair, fax machine, and jack as John has said. If it stays in lockout try disabling the card and reseating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back