Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 series phones to one DN need to ring individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEFBEL

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
US
Greetings. Have 12 500 series phones for a telethon ringing from one number. 12 separate TN's. All phones ring at once. Want each of them to ring one at a time in a row. The same number is on 3 other multi-line phones as MCR or MCN. I know I'm missing something. What do I need to change? Thanks. Jeff Bell

Make them ACD! That's the only way to do a telethon with analog phones. I used to do it every year. Yes, analog can be ACD

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

I have deleted the MCR/MCN numbers so only the analog phones remain if that makes it easier. I have never set up an ACD. Can one of you point me that way to get me started? Thanks so much for all the good advice!

Hmmm. If you have never set up ACD, then it's not worth learning for a low volume telethon.

But... if you are certain you will get more than 12 calls at a time, then you need ACD to "queue" the callers for the next available call taker.

If you are certain that you will not get more than 6 to 10 calls at a time, use the HUNT method. Take the "pilot" number (the number that people will call) and put it on one phone. For the 11 other phones, give them all individual numbers - give them all their own number.

Now go back through each TN one by one and add the HUNT (and CLS HTA). Make 1 hunt to 2, 2 hunt to 3, 3 hunt to 4, 4 hunt to 5, etc. When the first person gets a call, have them stay off hook when the call ends so the next person will get a call. Then at the end of the 2nd call, keep the first and second person off hook so the 3rd person gets the call.

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

If you do a basic ACD, make sure you have licenses for it first. LD 22 -> REQ: SLT

Setting one up isn't that difficult... Google around, the answer will come to you.

I set them up as a hunt group with separate DN's and all seems to be well. Thanks so much for all of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back