Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

500 lines 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

agiles64

Technical User
Jun 10, 2004
US
How do 500 line disable?

What do you mean "How do they disable" you mean on there own???

I don't think I have ever had a 500 disable on it's own, I have disabled them using the ISU command though.

I was going to ask the same thing. never saw one go down on its own.

Is there a difference between using that and LD 32?

IT Admin (Meridian/PBX Newbie)
SaferTextiles Newark, NJ
Meridian Option11
Version 1411
Release 21
Issue 7+
MerMail 10.7.2

Found this for LD 20.

Linked Overlay programs
Overlay programs 10, 11, 20 and 32 are linked thus eliminating the need to
exit one Overlay and enter another. Once one of the above Overlays has been
loaded it is possible to add, print and get the status of a set without having to
exit one Overlay and load another.

Back in the old days you could only have 1 overlay loaded at a time, so you would go to LD 22 do prt DNB get the DNB and go to LD 20 and prt the TNB. If you needed to make a change to a set you went to LD 10 fot 500 sets and LD 11 for digital sets. life is so much better now.

when you disu/stat/enlu you are in ld 32. you are linked through 20 but if you have two terms up on the second term at the command >who ..... that will tell you who is logged in and what ld they are in.. even if you went to 20, stat took you to 32 new 500 takes you to 10 new 2616 takes you to 11. the only problem this causes if newer techs think they are in 20 and may try to look up commands in that ld.. and thanks to nortel logic, ld 20 10 and 11 (and 95) are in book one of three.. ld 32 is in 3 of 3.

and yes in the really old days you couldn't print tnd and dnb in the same ld. (20 and 21) and if you changed to 32 to stat you had to change the disk.. and you could get a cup of coffee between load changes. i usually post the actual load in case someone wants to look up the command.. if your new at this, take a few minutes to read the possible comamnds in the list of prompts at the end of each ld. you will be surprised how many commands are there that will save time.. i used the disi command today, first time in 10 years..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

it's friday and stars are half price

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you make an excellent point john about finding command listings. star for you. they must go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back