Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.5 and active directory 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBarnes

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
Can a user that is in an active directory domain link up to a 5.5 server without haveing a 2000 or 2003 in the active directory domain? We are coverting over to active directory and we would like to move or users to the active directory domain 1st then in a couple months build a new exchange 2003 server and do the 5.5 to 2003 migration.

Will it be possible for the active directory users to get there mail from the 5.5 in the period before we setup the exchange 2003 server?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S This will be a rebuild not an upgrade.

I don't know what you mean by without haveing a 2000 or 2003 in the active directory domain? But yes your users should be able to get there mail from the 5.5 server while in Active Directory.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

I mean without having a windows 2000 or 2003 exchange setup in the active directory domain.

Yes, as long as you have the active directory connector installed.

<signature for rent>

Also make sure that if you have the Exch 5.5 server in a domain thats different from the AD doamin controllers that there is a trust relationship between them

Thanks all of that is a check so far. Can the active directory domain be in native mode? or does it have to be in mixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back