Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5.0i client cannot print graphic bmp on invoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkytrey

Programmer
Jun 2, 2006
US
SBT 5.0i/WinXPPro client/Win2000 Server.

Out of 25 users, one (the CEO, of course) cannot print invoices with the company logo appearing. Just a little box that's labeled "logo.bmp". This problem has just begun in the last 2 weeks. Doesn't matter what laser printer he prints to.

We checked his temp folders hoping it could be a "read only" issue there, but all his temp folders are "read/write" and not "system". Looked for duplicate file named logo.bmp on his local drive - none found.

Printers are all HP LaserJet 5000's.....or similar.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA.

When you select print (in AR print ->invoices), as you go through the different windows you will come up to the "Option Grid: Form Setup" window, make sure that the proper report form is selected in the last selection window (he might be trying to use a standard form i.e., ARIBBW while while everyone else is using a custom form with the company logo on it).

Just wonder if you solved this problem. We have a similar situation with a .BMP file not printing its contents but printing a black box with the file name printing under it.

Two users out of ten have the problem.

We are using an accounting package from Creative Solutions on WINXPPRO client on a Win2003 Server.

I believe it is a desktop, system setting, rather than a program problem since it affects only two machines.

No luck solving this issue yet. I work at the business that the original poster "kinkytrey" was refering to in his post. Issue has come up again now on another client's machine (same setup as original post).

I have looked at the "Option Grid:Form Setup" window per rjm65's post and have found that they are both using the same report form (called SOWPAY) as the other machines that are printing the logo correctly.

I also think it is an issue with the client machines config but I really have no idea where to look next. Please HELP!

ANY help would be most appreciated!
JTH

Where is your logo located and what is the name ?
It should be located in the AR folder.
If you customized the form, it should be named logoxx.bmp where xx = company no.

Edgar
Integrated Bar Code Systems, Inc.

Thanks for the response. The logo is named LOGO01.bmp and it is located in the SBT root folder (not in the AR folder)and has always been there to my knowlege. I tried pasting it into the AR folder also, but had the same results. I also tried pasting it in the SO folder since the form itself is located there...same results.

SBTBILL, Please forgive my ignorance here but, I'm not sure how to answer your question. SBT is running on a file server(Win2K Server) and the client machines (in question) are both XPPro SP2 with the SBT Pro5.0i client only installed. Machines that print the logo correctly, and the two that do not, are all looking at the same installation of SBT on the server.

Is that helpful at all? If not, please tell me how to find the client (?) FoxPro version and I will respond asap.

Thanks!

SBT provides a runtime version of VFP (Visual FoxPro). That is quite possibly the only VFP you have. However, many users also buy VFP as that allows them to modify the program and/or create alterate ways of accessing the data.

If you don't know what VFP is you probably just have the runtime edition provided by SBT.

Bill Couture
http:\\

Do the machines that don't print the images properly have their network drives referenced using the same drive letter as those that do print the image?

Yes, all machines reference a shared network drive (S:/SBT) where the SBT installation is located, and all client machines (users) are in the same group for permissions/access to that drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back