Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4TH CABINET ON SV8300 INSTALL QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antwis79

Programmer
Aug 2, 2012
US
I have all hardware to add 4th cabinet to sv8300 including 2nd CPU
What cable connects the 2 and what program do o need to go into to also programming themtogether. I will be adding a cCD 8dlca card for extra phones but do not want to get stuck on the install part! Thanks to anyone who can help

1. connect BS-01 LAN cable from 4th cabinet to BS-00 in main cabinet.
2. verify port licensing F88 to accommodate additional ports.
3. all CPU's must be the same software level.
4. log in to new CPU directly.
5. set CMD 0B000>90>4 = 4th cabinet.
6. set CMD 0B004> unique static IP address for maintenance port.
7. set sense wheel to 4.
8. save data EC6>0>0, then reset system.
9. if you added VoIP daughter board then you will need additional IP addresses.

I think I was unclear. Customer has cpu and 3 chs2Us this will be the 4th should the sense wheel of the new cp31 be set to 2 instead of 4?

Thank you. Now the customer has the PBX on the network with a static ip let's say 1.40. I think my plan is to match the cpu versions then add the CP31 to the network with another provided ip address let just say 1.41. Then follow the commands above using 02 not 04. I believe I have to connect to the second CPU directly first (obviously). So the connection between the 2 in the 19inch rack is the voip connection through customer hub there is no direct connection as I can gather through the hardware manual. Only from the new CP31 bus to the new KSU chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back