Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4GB limit Using abobe Premiere 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

brookesdad

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2002
US
While capturing movies from my sony digital8 camcorder, adobe give me a meesage that size is at limit and stops creating the avi file at 4Gig. I've also had this problem using Moviemaker . . I have 15gb of free space on a fat32 partition? Can anybody help me??? I could also use some help creating a VCD with Adobe if possible

The FAT32 files system has a 4GB upper limit on file size. NTFS does not, so if possible I would recommend converting to NTFS. I know that there are NTFS detractors out there, but I have never had problems with it myself.

Thanks and good luck,
Ken Kasmar
Red Falcon Internetworking, Inc.

KenKasmar is right, you need to switch to an operating system that supports NTFS such as windows 2000 etc.

I myself have one 40GB drive set as FAT32 and I run windows Mellenium on it and I have another 40GB drive that I use NTFS and I use that drive for containing all my captured video.

I've never had a problem with NTFS, but if your Operating system crashes you won't be able to access any data saved under NTFS until you get windows 2000 reinstalled. But beyond that, NTFS is the best format for a hard drive unless you must access it from a DOS or WIN95/98 environment when NT is not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back