Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4CO PFT vs. CO line issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdokes

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Greetings,

I have installed a 4C0 expansion card into my existing KX-TD1232. This unit has 3 RJ14 ports on it. 1 PFT port, 1 PFT/CO port and one CO port. When I plug a POTS line into the PFT or PFT/CO port it brings down the POTS line itself. The CO only port does not do this. I have swapped with a differenct 4CO thinking I had a defective one however this unit does the same thing. It also does not matter which expansion slot I install the unit into and I have also swapped other POTS lines into the PFT PFT/CO jacks and get the same results.

Is there a specific way this expansion unit has to be configured so that it isn't using the PFT feature of the unit? This is the only conclusion I can come up with as to why it kills the POTS line when plugged in.

I will also state here that the POTS lines are outputs from a Linksys/Cisco VoIP DSL/Cable router.

------------------
Thanks much for any assitance provide.

the co/pft and co ports are your CO interfaces 2 co lines per jack and the co/pft jack means that the 1st co line onthat port is the power failure transfer jack which gets sent to pft port in the event of power failure. so to review lines 1 and 2 go to the first port with one being the PFT and the plain CO port is for lines 3 and 4. i HOPE THIS HELPS AS i HAVE GIVEN MYSELF A SLAMMING HEADACHE IN THE UNDERTAKING IF THIS CONNUDRUM. I SHALL FIND MYSELF REMORSEFUL AND IN DEEP REGRET IF FOR SOME REASON i WAS NOT ABLE TO ACCOMDATE YOUR REQUEST AND THAT I MUST STOP WATCHING DEADWOOD ON HBO AS IT LENDS ITSELF TO MY LONGWINDEDNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back