Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

470 to 5510 fiber link/ activity problem. Need second set of eyes here

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPrash

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
For some context, this is all multimode fiber media, GBIC’s and SFP’s. I am trying to uplink from a Baystack 470 fiber port to a 5510 fiber SFP. I get link light on both sides but only the 470 shows activity light, 5510 does not. I have tried multiple GBICS on 470 and multiple SFP’s on the 5510 side. Also, I uplinked the 5510 to an 8600 8608SXE SC fiber port and both sides show link and activity. I have also tried multiple 470’s and 5510’s and never can get the 5510 fiber port to have both link and activity light on when fed by a 470. Am I missing something?

Try adjusting your autonegotiation setting on the ports..make sure duplex matches.

-HH

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

that was exactly it. I figured it our yesterday. the 470 defaults to Autoneg. on, the 5510 defaults to off....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back