Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xxsettings.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
Hi

So, setting up to use IX Workplace remotely.

Certs etc. all in place as is domain, FQDN and DNS is correct.

When the IX Workplace (who came up with that name?) downloads the 46xxsettings file, it contains the internal address of the IPO for the SIP controller and the FQDN Map.
Oddly, the client can still initiate a call, although there is no speech

Previously as expected when access via a NAT connection from outside, the 46xxsttings file contains the public IP as set in the LAN Topology.

I've been staring at this for a while and can't see the wood for the trees now, so any pointers appreciated!

Cheers

Dave

If you are using the auto-generated 46xxsettings.txt file, then this will modify the response for when the request comes in from a local address of a NAT'ed external address.

I suspect one of two things is happening.

1) you're using a static 46xxsettings.txt file
2) you're connecting over the LAN/Wifi

Hope that helps

ACSS (SME)

No Speech is an RTP Ports issue which needs to be opened in the firewall. Open the monitor and trace the call, you will see exactly if there is activity on those ports.

We are using the auto generated 46xxsettings file and also the user was on 4G

Also we have ports 40750 and 50750 UDP NATed to the IPO (along with 5061 and 411 TCP)

Will have a look at at trace...

Sorry, my typo, the whole range is forwarded

What is the firewall type set to in Network topology? Had an issue recently with no speech on Equinox (refuse to use Workplace IX) and found out that somehow the firewall type had changed to Blocking Firewall.

Changed it to unknown (seems to work best for Equinox) and speech was then all good.

| ACSS SME |

So, managed to find a couple of errors in the IPO set up.

Changed both and now all is OK, as it was 2 changes I can't say for certain which was causing the issue though.

SIP Remote Extension was not ticked - odd that the IX could register and set up a call at all really??
In Network Topology, the port for TLS was set to 0. Again if this was to have an effect not sure how a client could register and initiate a call?

Anyway, all seems to be sorted, thanks for the responses.

Incidentally, the 46xxsettings.txt now contains the public IP address

Pepp77 said:
firewall type had changed to Blocking Firewall

Honestly up till R11 I use to use static port block as firewall type in network topology and it worked well. With R11 it seems to never work and now unknown seems to work best.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back