Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46XX Remote Admin... reboot/test/document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducksoup

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
I work for a University that is considering rolling out Avaya VOIP campus-wide. We already have a small test-group. My boss, however, would like to set up a 'production environment' for testing new releases of the phones for things like vendor-specific options in the DHCP server, etc.

I can write scripts to SNMP query the phones to make sure they come up correctly after rebooting the phones in the test/production environment, but how do I get the phones to remotely reboot to download new .scr files in the first place? Can I script the reboot? Do I have to busy-out the phone through the Definity to remotely admin my test phones?

Thanks!

There is a command now to reset the IP phones. It should just be "reset ip-phone" or something like that.. You don't have to busy the stations out anymore..

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back