Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46XX Labels on stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dialtoneuk

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
Hi all,
I noticed when programming the abreviated dial list you can add a label.
Can you update the labels on a 46XX station (CM3)to change the 'AD4' button to say 'Login' from a text file stored on the TFTP server?

D

You must configure a ftp server on your telephony lan.
in the ftproot, put a file named 4620data.txt for exemple.
Create a ftp user with T as login and 1 as password (ease to enter on phone keyboard)

Here's a sample :
-------------------------------
SD001=TM9085
PersonalizedRing=3
Redial=0
PhoneScreenAnswer=0
PhoneScreenCalling=0
CallTimer=0
MessageDisplayRate=0
CallAppearanceWidth=1
VisualAlerting=1
CallLogEnable=0
Contrast=10
DisplayLanguage=1
AutomaticBackup=1
FTPServerIPAddress=192.168.101.1
FTPDirectoryPath=/
FTPUserName=T
AGCHandStatus=0
AGCHeadStatus=0
AGCSpkStatus=0
Phy2Status=1
FB01=
FB02=
FB03=
FB04=
FB05=
FB06=
FB07=Pret
FB08=ACW
FB09=Cafe
FB10=Rappel
FB11=Mail
FB12=Stats
FB13=
FB14=
FB15=
FB16=
FB17=
FB18=
FB19=
FB20=
FB21=
FB22=
FB23=
FB24=
on the tftpserver root you must put a file named 46xxsettings.txt
here's a sample :
SET SYSLANG Francais

SET OPSTAT 1

SET FTPSRVR 192.168.101.1

For a button that may be shared among several users such as "login" you can use the system abbreviated dialing list. In that list you can associate a label with each abbrviated dial item. That label will then show up on the 4610 or 4620 (maybe other phones too) when you program the associated abbrviated dial button onto the phone. That would save you the trouble of editing each of the text files on the ftp server.

Thanks Fred94,
I'll try editing the txt files and see what results I get.

Thanks too george630us. I have added the names to the abbreviated dialing list, but the phones didn't pick up the label.Is there anything else you have to do?

D.[neutral]

Might want to try the "Refresh Terminal Parameters Access Code" FAC. You would enter the FAC and then # from the extension in question or FAC-extension from a different phone.

All,
I've finally figured it out!
When the switch was administered the abbreviated dial had language other than english set on page 1. I changed page 1 to english and checked the corresponding abbreviate dials they were blank! I input the new names and saved as english. I then went back in and put the language back to want it was originally and saved. About 30 seconds later the phones displayed the correct labels.

Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

D.

[smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back