Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

46xx file on Linux server

Status
Not open for further replies.

carb11

Technical User
Apr 3, 2009
US
Hi all,

Anyone have any docs on configuring a linux server to hold the 46xx file and 96xx firmware files. My DCHP server is directing the sets to the correct IP address but the phones are not getting the updated files. Do these directories look correct?

/var//var//var//var/

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you browse to that server and pull the 46xxsettings.txt file? or do you see it?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Where the root folder for your web server is can vary by distribution, but /var/ is a common location. First try tlpeter's recommendation and try to browse to the web server. If you can't get the web server check the firewall, if you can get the web server but cannot read the 46xxsettings file try changing the permissions on the file.

Thanks,

I currently can't browse to the files. Working with network team. Keep you posted

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back