Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4690 Registration issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

damage750

Technical User
Apr 19, 2012
US
I've got a few 4690's that keep coming up either with Discovering & No Vlan or Parsing Config file and they get stuck at line 2375. I've set these phones up completely with static IP's for everything. I can get all other 46xx and 96xx phones to register just fine. I'm attempting to register the 4690 with my Definity and S8500 and have used all the same settings I used for registering a 4610.

Not sure what to try now. I have no settings in my 46xx file for 4690's but when looking at my tftp log, I dont see the 4690's even looking for that file. I do not know what software release the 4690's are on. Any ideas of what to try?

Assuming these phones don't have anything special inputted into them, can you just reset the phones are work from there?

-Reset the phone to default settings
-Watch it boot up
-Ensure it gets the file server settings. If it continues to fail, I'd troubleshoot from there. Check to make sure the file is actually getting requested from your file server. If not, find out why.

Post up a copy of your DHCP scope settings too please. You may end up having to manually upgrade them to the latest firmware with your laptop or something. 4690's on older firmware have a terrible terrible time with downloading files over TFTP and HTTP.

My DHCP scope settings are: MCIPADD=192.168.45.16,MCPORT=1719,TFTPSRVR=192.168.45.2 we aren't using any vlan's since this is a test environment.

The 45.16 is my c-lan address. The phones i'm working with are being re-tested to eventually be sold. They have been tested once before and every phone I plug in to test comes up with a phone IP of 192.168.42.100. These appear to all have static address' assigned to them for every feature, with the phone IP's all being the exact same from the last person that tested them.

Is there a way to clear the IP settings out completely? I've tied the mute craft, clear & reset, but nothing has worked. Also, when trying to change some of the static IP settings (mainly file server) it locks up half way through entering the ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back