Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4690 IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean2E30

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2008
US
I've been told by a Polycom representative that the Avaya 4690 will work with the IP403 system. I have the switch setup as a DHCP server with the auto create extension on. The phone creates a new extension and appears as though it is working. Then after a few minutes it will go to request a new extension to work on the system and then asks for a password.

I set the password under the particular user that was created for the extension and entered in the correct extension and password. However, the phone just keeps on requesting for a new extension number and password.

Is there a bin file I should include in the Manager software directory? or anything else I'm missing?

-Sean

4690 is not fully supported (yet), you will need a 3rd Party Endpoint license to get it to register I believe.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Where would I go for the third party license?

-Sean

you also need a VCM for it to work.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

4.1.12 has a bin file for the 4690 conference phone
But you have a 403 so you can not upgrade your system to 4.x because of not enough memory
If you want the bin file then download the 4.1.12 and try if the phone works

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back