Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4630 phone compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
hi guys

anyone know if the 4630IP is compatible with IP Office (SOE,406,500 etc)? I know it works with the larger installs such as Definity and CM/S8700...

many thx...

As far as I'm aware they are not supported and pepole have tried but failed to use them :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Katzeye,

amriddle is right. I tried to get a 4630IP to work on IP office, 4.0 or 4.1, and it was a nightmare, I sold the phone. The "TRUE" 4630 functions never worked, I could only recieve & make calls, adjusting the volume put random junk on sceen. Your best bet, is to get a 4625, screen contrast is much better, even though it's smaller. If You want to try loading the 4630 bin file/tftp server, here it is, good luck!

Andre

Not sure why you would want it at this point with the 9670G out there unless you had an old 4630 laying around.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back