Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4625Sw IP phone Time set 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForumUser01

Technical User
Oct 16, 2009
US
Hi All,

We have 4 to 5- 4625SW IP sets in central time zone associated to call server located in Eastern Time zone. At call server location we have another 120+ phones. All the phones displaying Eastern time zone. The phones will get all the information via DHCP. Is there anyway to set the Date and time for phones in Central zone to their local region?

TIA
Forumuser

'cha locations' and create a new location.

'cha ip-network-r' and create the network region.

'cha ip-network-map' and create the ip address map.

Hi,

Thank you for your Reply. So

1. The New location number is the ip network region Number
and

2.the region number assigns the time zone listed in location to the IP addresses listed in map irrespective of their extensions.

Is that correct?

Also, that does not effect any existing configs. is that correct?

Also, does the remote user need to reboot his phone or time change happens automatically?

They happen automatically - they made need to press the 'phone' button or something, but should not have to reboot.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Hi..apologies for multiple postings on this..

I checked in my system and here are details..

1. locations:

1 8700EST offset 00:00 Rule : 1 NPA 203
2 00:00 Rule : 1 NPA
3 -03:00 Rule : 1 NPA 310
4 8500ESS -01:00 Rule : 1 NPA

Location 4 will be gone soon. The remote phones associated to 8700EST. So I need to create location 5 TEST with
offset -01:00 and with Rule 1 and the what will be the NPA?

TIA
Forumuser

Hello,

I was checking on the CM doc on NPA and per the docs:

"Enter the 3-digit Numbering Plan Area (NPA) (or area code) for the terminating endpoint of the trunk group. "

But at the remote site, there is no LSS/ESS and also, the phones in Central Zone gets the extensions from main server and uses the main server (in EST) trunks which is 203. So, when already existing NPA 203 existing for location#1 in my system, will it be OK to add another location with again NPA:203 to associate the remote phones?

TIA
MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back