Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4621sw installation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmagen

Technical User
May 24, 2010
US
I am trying to learn something here, but my limited experience with IP Telephony is creating a problem. My 4621sw phone was switched to a new physical ip address this morning. When I tried to configure it for the new location, I am confused with the terminology being used. What is the call server? Is it the c-lan or the med-pro? All the avaya documentation i've read doesn't explain this. Next, it wants the router ip, what's this the c-lan or med=pro, or something else like the gateway. We don't use DHCP, so I can't let it "find" itself. Please help this old tdm phone man....

Mike

Why does the light always have to be at the end of the tunnel?

call server is your CLAN or the IP of the server if you're using processor ethernet. The router IP is the IP of the router on that subnet. Usually the 10.X.X.1 address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back