Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4621 FTP backup not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweege

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
having some problems getting the backup option on my 4621 ip phones to work. am using the ftp server from avaya's web site and have it setup to allow incoming connections. on the phone settings i give it the ip address in the title bar of the ftp server window and the path i want the files in. have tried it with no user name and with 'anonymous' as the user name. at no time do i ever see any activity on the ftp server and of course the backup fails. any ideas?

thanks, tim

Have you enabled automatic backup? You can do that with the 46xx settings, or manually on the phone itself.

Well, we are not doing anonymous FTP. We simply define (on the phone) the IP address of the server, a login name and password, and path. On the 4625 phone, whenever a speed dial is added or deleted, the backup is done and the file is modified on the ftp server.

yes it is enabled. when it tries to backup it says 'ftp server is not responding'.

thanks, tim

Are you using an FTP server or did you download the TFTP server off of Avaya's website?

ended up using the ftp server that comes with in inter info services in windows for my set data backup. downloaded the phone settings file to my 8710's for the phone software updates. all is well now.

thanks,tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back