Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4620 Phone Stuck on Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD222

Programmer
May 7, 2012
US
I'm sure there's a simple answer, but I need assistance.

I have a 4620 IP phone. It has appearances of three other lines besides my own extension. I was testing to see if I could Call Forward one of the other extension line appearances to an outside phone number from my phone. This put my phone on cover to voice mail, as well as the line I was trying to forward. The lines aren't going to where I forwarded them - they're just following normal coverage path to voice mail, as if the phone was on Send Calls.

This only affected my line and the line I was trying to forward. The other two lines I have appearances of are fine. I've tried rebooting my phone, as well as taking the line appearances for the line I tried to forward off my phone and then putting them back on. Both remain stuck on cover to voice mail.

Any suggestions as to how to clear this?

what does system status show?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm

Reload a config from before you tried to do this. Sometimes software has holes and you may have found one.

I didn't need to reload a config, but I had to reboot the IP phone about three times to clear the cover. No idea what caused the problem initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back