Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4620 IP phone On VPN not working,please HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpurcell

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
CA
I have a 4620IP phone works on Local network,when I put it on a remote site(linked over VPN)it does its upgrade(it does download the file) says "ext. in use" when I try to log in the ext.#/password it resets and just says "discovering".Running 2.1(15),have ip route in place for different subnet.Please help

What are the DSCP values you are using for voice and signaling ? Are they modified over the VPN ?

Man am I ever behind on this forum!! I don't know if you've solved this already, but here are my 2 cents:

1 - Nobody, without exception, should be running 2.1.15 firmware for any reason. Upgrade it to 2.1.27 asap.

2 - Are you using a cisco PIX for the VPN? If so, you must disable h.323 fixup.

Peter

I had the same problem.

For some reason, when I switched the phone from static to DHCP and had my Sonicwall vpn endpoint act as a DHCP server for the remote site, things work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back