Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4612 Gen 2 Install Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTGMI

Vendor
Jun 1, 2006
US
Have a tech client who is adding some 4612IP Gen2 phones and is struggling with them.

Thinks the issues are with the phones we sent.

(3) are refurb and tested in our lab - no issues.

(5) are new in the box.

He reports he can get (1) to work....

The rest have these errors.
1 - Doesn't save values - keeps stopping on DHCP * to program.
2 - Programmed values, stopped at DHCP * to program, press * and all values are correct then phone shuts off and has to be unplugged from the LAN and plugged back in for the phone to power up
3 - Asks for and extension number, and once I enter the extension and the password, the extension 'turns off' and the only way to get it powered up is to unplug from the LN and plug the phone back in.
4 - Doesn't save values - keeps stopping on DHCP * to program.
5 - Programmed values, stopped at DHCP * to program, press * and all values are correct then phone shuts off and has to be unplugged from the LAN and plugged back in for the phone to power up
6 - Doesn't save values - keeps stopping on DHCP * to program.
7 - 46XXUPGRADE.SCR message appears 0KB downloaded, it times out then the phone 'power down' and you have to upplug it from the LAN and plug it back into get the phone powered up

I sent him the 4600 LAN Admin guide ... we will see what he comes up with ....

Thanks!

Avaya stopped manufacturing the 4612 gen 2 in 2005 (14 years ago). I doubt that any that have been purchased are “new in the box”.

G

Not that it matters ... but we had (25) of them on a pallet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back