Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4610SW IP Phones freezing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredT8888

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2007
I have several phones that are freezing up and have to be power cycled in order to work again. I have tried swapping out phones. Anybody got any ideas as to what causes this or how to fix it permanately?

When they freeze up, do you mean they stop working, the screen goes blank or?

I've been battling this for weeks. I've tried changing from 2.9 back down to 2.8.8.7 with no luck. My lastest thing to try is to make the set type of the 4610 station a 4620 just to see if it makes a difference. Waiting to hear from the user to see if it helped.

the screen freezes...it does not update time or anything...it is like the screen is frozen in time...I dont have this issue at my other sites and they are running the same version of firmware...it is a remote site...

Jared, I have the same issue at a remote site, ever get a resolution? thanks

I think I got somewhat of a handle on my situation for the most part as most of the issues were due to a bad cable that plugged into the phone or the phone itself...I have been able to resolve most of the issues by replacing the crappy cables with more high quality made ones...I find that users pull on them and if the quality of the cable sucks then it causes that issue...I still get a phone every now and then that freezes up and I don't know how to correct that for good...maybe its just the phones...

Thanks! my last suggestion to the end user was to try a different cable, I have not heard from her since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back