Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4610 IP Phone freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

slovic

Technical User
May 15, 2003
RS
Hi,

We have got S8700/3xESS/MCC/G650 system (CM 3.0.1) with a several locations. At one particular location we have got three remote IP Phones (4610 IP sw 2.2), with two of them used by Call Center agents logging on bcms login. PCs are connected through eth. port on IP Phones. From time to time phones stop functioning, with freezed display, and are reported as in service/on-hook or in service/off-hook or out of service. The third IP Phone works fine all the time. Tried with different ports on same switch,with no luck. No alarms are generated. Not registered.

Any idea?

Thanx

Hi,

Check the lease of dhcp and maybe the quality of the connection(wan link). be shure there only one Dhcp on your lan wich can assigned a lease to your phone.
Did you remove the handset from Hook from the phone ? if yes, it's not a good idea because it used it when the wan link is down, ip-phones will start to try to find a new gatekeeper (clan) but only if handset is on-hook or Headset button activated.
Let me know
Regards

Working on Avaya S8700 and tampering with Asterisk !

the third phone are you connecting a PC on the other port. Sounds like an issue with the vlan on the phone.

We have started seeing this problem as well. It actually happened to me once. I was off-hook on first appearance. My second appearance started ringing but I didn't answer it. As soon as I hung up on the first appearance I went off hook again to dial the person back who had called on the second appearance. As soon as I did that my phone locked up. No dial tone or other buttons worked. Station showed in-service/on-hook in the PBX. Have heard reports that it happens to others when they are in voicemail. We can unhook the ethernet port and cause phone to reset and it comes back fine.

I haven't bothered opening a ticket with Avaya since it is just about impossible to duplicate, which would make it very hard to identify source of problem.

Is this similar to the issue that you are having?

Hi all,

Situation is the same, but I just wanted to update you with new facts...
No DHCP, static ip-addresses. PC is not connected through port on third phone, we tried using it for agent login, but it appear to have same problems (when logged in with bcms login).
I did some pinging of ip stations through wan links from main location, and noticed approx. 300ms delay on answer to ping. I have asked IT to try to improve that, since on other remote locations connected through wan links ping answer delay is, in worst case, approx. 150ms. My guess is that network delay is causing problems with particular ip phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back