Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4602 IP phone not saving static IP address configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bench202

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2006
NG
Hi,

4602 IP phones not saving static IP configurations. After finishing all settings, including static IP address, callsrv address, QoS and others; on restarting the phone goes back to DHCP mode after a while. of course not having a DHCP server the phone does not get any IP.

What can I do? I don't want to use DHCP

Thanks

I can't quote the source but I think I read that the 4602 actually required that a DHCP server be on the network. The only reason I remember this is because it was the only model that did require one. FWIW

we do have other 4602 that did not require DHCP and they have been working for more than a year on static IP. the problem I have is with the new set purchased recently.

bench202,

all phones we usually get are loaded with 2.0.15 firmware, it's ancient as mammoth manure and buggy like hell. try upgrading these phones to the latest load.

bench202,

a second thought: also look at 46xxsettings.txt file, specifically at the "STATIC" option existance and value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back