Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

452 4.5.3 Too many recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGraz

Technical User
Sep 5, 2001
US
I believe there's a default maximum number of recipients, but don't know where to locate it.

Thanks in advance,

TGraz

confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE in sendmail.mc

there is no default limit.

TGraz,

Out of interested, why would you want to send a mail to a presumably huge list of recipients? Apart from the obvious answer that none of us like too much?

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Willif,

The situation is not always as it appears. In my sendmail.cf file there was a line:

O MaxRecipientsPermessage=10

I was told the statement is usually remarked out with a #. Somehow(?) the statement lost it's # and my users could send messages to no more than 10 recipients at a time. Surely you can see where 10 is too low. I have an account that has 55 users and couldn't send interoffice memos.

In an effort to be cyber-responsible, I only increased the threshhold to 100 as opposed to unlimited. It's working as I expected.

Thank you and to stfaprc for replying.

TGraz

Sorry if I came across as a bit officious there - It wasn't intentional!

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back