Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

450 VLAN Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dttusa

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2005
US
You know, I am attempting the simplest VLAN in the world

6 ports on 450T , no big deal, create VLAN #2 set U's on 6 ports and auto pvid.

and on those ports I have a checkpoint firewall appliance, a cisco 2600 and a win2k box and I will be damned if nothing can see anything else, furthermore I throw a laptop into the frey and it too sees nothing, I have link, I have green lights, i have tried with crossovers and regulars, I have tried pinning the ports to 10 meg full and half, and I pick up the cheapest piece of crap trend net auto nogot switch for $5 stinking dollars and everything works like a charm

sheesh

the only other issue I can imagine is there is something with vlans in a stack, this is a stack, but everything is on the first unit

Never Mind the link level stuff, you have 6 ports that are a memeber of "one" VLAN that is not the primary VLAN. Make certain it is a port based VLAN with auto PVID off and management VLAN set to 1. You do realize that the 450 will not route between VLAN's? you are trying to connect 4 isolated devices on one subnet and you are using your Check point for routing off net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back