Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

443 and presence with workplace app

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00ner62

Technical User
Nov 15, 2011
CA
Hello All

Why does presence run on 443?

I have to open 443 in order to get presence to work from the external.

Therefore people can go to and they end up seeing the customers name, the version of ip office blah blah blah......

I dont think there is a work around other than deleting that page (I dont use it).....

Where can I find this page? Or does someone have a better idea?

I am going through an ASBCE but it requires a relay for this traffic.

That page is autogenerated each time it is requested - similar to the autogenerated 46xxsettings.txt file.

Create an index.html file that is a blank page, and upload to the Primary folder.

Capture1_fbv6qg.png

Capture_ofp1jz.png

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Thankyou Ekster.

We are not worried about other clients receiving presence nor other clients being non-avaya. The customer also has spectralink inside the office.

The main concern was the visibility of the ip office url when 443 is open to the public.

I have changed the web page to say 404 NOT FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back