Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4400 Reset to Factory Default

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekoDude

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2006
PH

Hi guys,
Unfortunately no one remembers the password or who did put t he password on this 4400 3Com stackable switch..

Im taking over but i cant manage the box...

Any tips on how to reset to factory default?

I tried every password combination but it doesnt work.

thank you for the help..

geeko

If you read thru some of the other posts on the subject, you will find the proceedures you need.

....JIM....

Yeah ive read some but unfortunately they didnt work for me..

I was hoping someone could post a cut over other than those posted here..

regards,
dude

Try this:

-- from recent post Password Recovery for 4228G with a url reference-- --

Use the password recovery method outlined below to define a new password for the admin username:

1.Access the Command Line Interface and enter the user name "recover" and password "recover" to place your unit in password recovery mode. The unit will remain in password recovery mode for a maximum of 30 seconds, before it returns to the CLI login prompt.
2. During the 30 seconds, perform a hard reset on the unit while the it is still in password recovery mode by switching it off, waiting a few seconds, and switching it on again.
3. When the unit has rebooted following the hard reset enter a new password for the "admin" user account.
4. Enter enable to leave password recovery enabled, or enter disable to turn it off. You are now logged in as the default "admin" user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back