Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4400 Phones on 3.0(59)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunelson

MIS
Sep 29, 2004
US
I recently upgraded our systems (IP 406 and IP 403 systems) to 3.0(59) from 2.1(27) and I've found that the 4400 phones stopped working. The 4406 and 4412 sets are just fine. Is there a guide somewhere to how these have to be programmed in 3.0? I've tried checking and unchecking idle line preference, and also tried having or not having an appearance button programmed, but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any help.

Sadly the line from Avaya will be "4400 is not supported on IP Office". The IP Office has never officially supported that particular model so anything you've had out of it in the past has been fortunate circumstance.

3.0 adds a lot more usage of the programmable buttons, especially those with indicator lamps. As a result the IP Office core software has been tightened up on correctly identifying what type of phone is a port, in order to correctly know which buttons can be used for call appearances if required. It probably a consequence of that that the 4400 is not being "correctly" identified as not supported whereas in the past it was tolerated as just another DSP phone.

Take it back down to 2.1(44). This is an extremely good build for 4400 series sets of any kind.

I'm in a bad predicament now. I guess it's from trusting vendors too much, but I have several systems in an SCN setup, and some need to be 3.0+ for 5410 support, and some apparently need to be 2.x for 4400 support. Will there be any SCN issues with running 2.x and 3.x systems on the same network? I've run the setup before without any problems, but I couldn't get Avaya to give me any support without having all of my systems at the same level.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back