Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

421 error too many errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoo

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
IN
When I am downloading my mails thru Fetchmail 1-6.2.2-1, from my server viz, Redhat Linux 9 wtih Postfix 2.0.12-1.rh9 as MTA interfaced with MailSanner an email antivirus/spam filetring agent,I am getting an error message 421 error:too many errros.
My problem is that the incoming Postfix/fetchmail is checking for each and every recepient in the TO/CC/BCC field and if no match found is rejecting as 550 user unknown in local receipent table. and after a period it injects the above error 421 error: too many errors .QUIT.
Normally this happens when the recepients are more than say 20. Now what should i do?
Also I want to know the rules like how many maximum recepients must be there in order so that these kind of errors do not come or like what is the no. of maximum recepients?
Thanks
Regards
Shann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back