Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

411 and 611 short code question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2012
US
I know this is a newbie question, but I have a customer who dislikes dialing # after 9 and the number ( analog POTS lines, 10 second delay if not dialing # at the end). I have the 7 and the 1 plus 10x short code set up in the ARS, and xN and 10xN removed, but I am brain farting at adding 411 and 611 in the ARS for local information and the repair line to the LEC. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

also you should not have a 10 second delay if your ARS is set up correctly, test with a test set going directly on the copper lines and see if you still get the 10 second delay

Thank you joe2938;
The copper lines go off hook immediately, and take anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds per line to connect a call, depending on call routing (rural AZ, local and LD calls). Test system here in shop yields similar results.

I still would test directly from the trunks to see if you get that same delay, if not you may have a programming issue

Also are these real pots lines or converted to pots?

Assuming these lines are requiring en-block dialing (as indicated by the need to dial #) then you should have the following:

Dial delay Count: 0
Dial delay time: 2 to 4 seconds - depending on user comfort.

SC: 9N;
the ; is important!
TN: N
Feature Dial

the ';' says do not process until dial delay time has expired.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Joe2938,
The previous post were tests with my butt set on each line. And yes, they are "copper relics" from the telco, not digital POTS from the cable company.
IPGuru,
I will test that this morning. Currently it is set as you have posted, except it is set to Main:50, not feature dial.
Thank you both.

Well then it's not the IP Office, it's an issue with the line provider. Reach out to them to tweak their end

I have seen a lag on out dial to local numbers before depending on the LEC where they are expecting 10 digit dialing. We cured this by adding code-- XXXXXXX telephone number--(area code)N to the ARS to make local calls dial the whole ten digits the LEC is expecting.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

ya but he gets this going on directly to the lines with a test set so must be the line provider

Thanks for the help all,
Getting the line provider to fix the routing is an effort in futility (back during the installation, I was not receiving the cpc disconnect signal from the lines. When consulting the plant supervisor, he told me is was 50ms to disconnect, set). Here is what I did:
Edited the ARS short codes without the ; and set the dial delay time for 2 seconds and dial delay count left at 0 (a recommendation from one of my vendors). System test had the delay down to 3 to 5 seconds. Main system was the 4 to 7 seconds. Customer was still not satisfied. Asked her if she had an issue dialing 8 to an outside line. Customer said no, so set a system short code of 8N/Dial/N/Line Group ID (from another vendor's suggestion). Customer happy, and 911/9911 emergency dialing still intact.

what if they dial 8911? or was that a typo in your post?

qtelcom,
If they dial 8911, it will go out on an available POTS line and call e911. If they dial 911 or 9911 (as the customer is instructed to dial), it goes through the ARS 50:Main,
System short codes are 9N/dial/N/50:Main and 8N/dial/N/0(line group ID)and emergency dial out on an available POTS line. Default 11 and 911 short codes in ARS were left alone. xxxxxxx and 1xxxxxxxxxx short codes I was using on the test system were removed and not added on the customer system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back