Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

406v1 rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfalfa

Technical User
Oct 28, 2005
US
I have a 406v1 that came from a customer site after trying to do an uprrade from 3.1.65 to 3.2.55, Freaked out and now it ic not rebooting persay if you look at the led lights they remain constant, but if you go through the dte port and try to hyper term in you can't. Hyperterm keeps texting loader version then multisector erase, you can press the esc key all day long nothing happens so that you have enter at, at-X1 and so on, curious if i should thow this in the trash or has anypone ever seen one freak out this bad where you can't recover it. and yes for the people who need to know i had manager up with the correct mac and ip address along with pointing the right binaries, even tried many other binaries from 1.- 3.

The Escape sequence is used te prevent the IPOffice from starting up and staying in the bootloader.

Your IPOffice hasn't got any software anymore so you don't have to press escape.
If your problem is that it keeps rolling over the same again and again, try getting the extra (trunk or vcm) cards out. I'v seen VCM cards doing these things to an IPOffice.

Once it stable in the bootloader you can get the software in with the manager.

everything is already out. no daughter cards only the 406v1 my laptop connection via lan and com port to dte. This like i said i have never seen, it seems that i can't get passed the loader to enter any commands.

There was an issue like this a couple of days ago.
Then it was the cable being faulty.

So couple your setup on another (working) ipoffice and look if you can enter an AT command. Then you know for sure your laptop and cable are still working OK.

Does the loader stop or does it keep starting al over en over again?

I have tried everything different pc's laptops trying to connect to the dte and yes i can connect perfectly with any other operating ipoffice using same cables, but yes different cables have been used even an ace of ipoffice had tried to fixe this and nothing

Then the system must be send to Avaya for repair.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back