Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

406v1 3.0DT>IP500 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
download the config from the 3.0DT 406, put it straight into the IP500

Sounds simple. Anyone done such a jump???

I personally want to retype into an offline config and put that into the 500 but customer wants it put directly in to try save on typo's.

thoughts????

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

To much is different and would possibly render an install to be troublesome from the start.

I personally would re-write. I always have done in these cases and I havent personally cared if it was possible. Of course in my opionion.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Hows about exporting the cfg to a csv file and then re importing that in to a newer cfg?

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

i would export everything you can to a csv
import that into the ip500 and rebuilt the rest
saving time this way can cost more in the future

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I was thinking export directory and user names and re wirte the rest.

Has anyone done an offline config before. I was playing with this and noticed the default 192.168.99.1 Remote Manager IP Route isn't there and a couple of other things.

What else is missing with a new offline config???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Rebuild offline, then send config to control unit. Only everyones password will have to be pound (#)if they have a mailbox. Unless you can get everyones password and re-enter it. Or use Snadboys Revelation v2 to get passwords.
Just my opinion.

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

considering the diferences between DT & DS handsets I would think that correcting an imported Cfg would be more work than programming one correctly

Leave the VM passwords blank & the user wil be prompted to change them when they 1st access VM (or switch to IP Office mode where the password is not required ;-) )

Create a new IP500 config in 4.0 Manager and mirror your current ATMs, PRI, VCM,& exp. modules. Delete all your default users, hunt groups short codes and lines in the new config.

Then export in binary not csv from 406 all the stuff like Users, Hunt Groups, Lines, Short Codes, ICR.

import the 406 .exp to the 500 config and select the items you want (not the entire configuration) and it should be good to go.

Manually port mapping your extension numbers in "Extensions" ANd fixing the 45 second hunt group voicemail time should be the only things you need to do.

------------------------------------------
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back