Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(401) Unauthorized error accessing XSLT file in PROD only

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't in the correct forums. It seemed to be the most appropriate but please move it if there's a better one.

I inherited a windows service application written in VB.NET 2.0 that’s throwing the following error:

Could not load 'c:\websites\website\reports\xslt\report.xslt' the remote server returned an error (401) unauthorized

The account that runs the service is on the network and has full permissions to the folder that holds this file. The file is NOT read-only. Lastly, the same account is used in 3 other non-production servers fine. The issue only happens in production.

What am I missing? Is there something else I could be looking at to track down why this file can’t be accessed by this account on this particular server?

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back