Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4006 Supervisor engine 2 notes and configuration tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuks

Technical User
Jul 16, 2000
FJ
Hi,

We recently bought a 4006 isco switch with supervisor engine 2. Unfortunately it didnt come with the manual and I have to look for the manual on the net. Is it possible if someone could lead me to a special site sepically for my switch above. I want this switch to handle all my servers and some of the fiber links that we have. VLAN would be a bonus.

Servers will be connected using fast etherchannel. This switch will then be connected to my current 3660 router for routing. I also want to have a module where we will connect all our PC's. We already have an RJ45 48 port in-line power module

I need notes or configuration help so that I can read and start configuring this switch

Hope someone helps

Yeah, take a look at the FAQ I wrote on the Catalyst 4000, talks about configuration and upgrading the code on the switch. Have fun.

I just installed 12 4006's and a 6509 Core, I could try to help you our with a few config files for examples, Send me an email at emp_bob@msn.com and I'll see what I can help you with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back