Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 simple questions about queries and tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach314

Technical User
Jul 29, 2011
CA
hello

I'm not sure which forum I should post these related questions to...

I'm using Access 2002, so these questions may have been resolved in newer versions.

1. When creating a new query, is there a way to get the query window to open in SQL view directly, instead of opening in Design view?

2. When using SQL, is there a way to make Access use a larger font in SQL view? (this can be quite a strain, so I usually have to use a text editor, then paste into SQL view)

3. When I open a table, it seems to always open in a large window which usually blocks most of the other objects on the screen and has to be sized down.
Is there a way to make these Table windows behave like the query windows? (these windows keep the same size that they were saved with)

4. When in table design view adding a field with Number data type, is there a way to have the default 'default value' left blank instead of 0?

thanks for any help!

For the most part I think the answer is no. If you like writing SQl then I would roll my own interface. In other words a form with a bunch of bells and whistles for writing sql code and saving/editing the query def. There are many examples out there to do this. I agree Access is really geared to people who do not write SQL. You could come up with something tailored to your exact needs, and then make it an add-in.

I absolutely hate the SQL editor in MS Access and MS Query.

Almost always use another editor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back