Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 digit dialing over H323 trunks will not follow target phones offsite forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIMobile

Vendor
Jan 26, 2009
US
I recently upgraded my CS1K's to 7.5 and noticed a problem with my 4 digit dialing. I have a site in Dallas Tx., Hudson Ohio and Mobile, Al. All sites are CS1K rls 7.5 and the all have NRS servers at all 3 sites to handle the 4 digit dialing over H323 Virtual trunks. When ext 5362 in Mobile forwards to a cell phone via 9+7 digits, callers from Mobile and Hudson can call 5362 and ring the cell phone by accessing the Mobile local PRI trunks. When a user in Dallas calls ext 5362 in Mobile they receive a Telco intercept message stating the number cannot be dialed. When I trace the calling extension in Dallas it for some reason shows that the H323 trunk connection dropped and it accessed the Dallas local PRI and tried to outpulse the cell phone number that was programmed as the forward target of ext 5362 in Mobile, Al. If We forward Mobile extension 5362 to a long distance number 9,1+10 digits and have the Dallas extension dial 5362 it drops the H323 trunk and processes the call successfully over the Dallas Long Distance PRI. The desired result would be for the Dallas call to stay on the H323 trunk and process the call over the Mobile local PRI trunks. Mobile, Hudson and Dallas H323 trunk routes are programmed the same. Mobile H323 trunks has NCOS of 7 TGAR of 1, Dallas and Hudson H323 trunks has NCOS 5 and TGAR 0. The FRL of the Mobile, Al. cell phone NXX is 0. 4 digit dialing works fine everywhere as long as the extensions are not forwarded off site in Mobile. Any help would be appreciated. CRIMobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back