Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 digit calls dropping on NEC 2400IPX to NEC 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTed

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
I have a 2400 IPX that connects to several remote sites and offers 4 digit dialing to the users at those sites for calls within the county offices. At (as far as we know)only one location we have had constant problems with calls dropping shortly after connecting (4 digit in and outbound)or not even connecting. Users report, occasional but daily, dead air or fast busy after dialing. Hang up, try again and it will probably go through.

We have replaced the cards at both ends and the result is the same. AT&T has done "Intrusive Testing" on the T1 line involved and reported No Issues.

I do notice that if I watch the 24CCTA card in the 2400 long enough the that the "LYR" light goes out about every minute and fifteen seconds (75 seconds) for about 4 seconds.

I don't know why this is happening I just know that it is and that NONE of my other 24CCTA cards seem to do this.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

We are in the process of planning to upgrade the phone system sometime in the next 18 months, however the Sheriff's Office of Investigations is not wanting to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back