Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 digit and 5 digit Conference Bridge setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takst3r

Vendor
Aug 10, 2011
ZA
Hi Guys ,

I'm running 9.1.5 server edition and the client has request that I setup and existing conference bridge on the ip office.
They are using 4 and 5 digit extension and would like the conference bridge number to match there extensions.

I got the 4 digits working but for some reason the 5 digits don't seem to be querying the IP Office correctly , not sure where

2 short codes of the ip office
72XXXXX and 72XXXX
feature : conference meet me
Tel Nr . (yep a dot)

When dialing these shortcodes from the IP Office it workins
When setting an incoming call route to the module only the 4 digits work.

There is an extension 9351 working
There is an extension 83500 not working

See attached module

Its being stopped at the "Valid Conf ID" Section in the module. I don't think its being validated in Manager.

Any suggestions

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e3b6333a-c440-49e1-8198-1fdd0c1a01ae&file=testbridge.mod
5 digits probably not working as it will match the 72XXXX shortcode and use only 4 digits. So your 83500 one will be 8350 as it will follow 72XXXX

| ACSS SME |

You could try increasing the dial delay count and see if that works, I've had varying success with that. The real question should be, why is your customer not using a uniform dial plan? Ideally all extensions should be an equal length and you can avoid issues like this altogether.

Hi Guys,

Just a correction to the shortcode.

2 short codes of the ip office
72XXXXX and 71XXXX
feature : conference meet me
Tel Nr . (yep a dot)

72XXXXX for 5 digits
71XXXX for 4 digits

DaIPOTek - Unfortunately these number were migrated from another system. it was 4 and 5 digits there.

If you want to have the same bridge number like the user's extension you can't use the dot as telephone number. You have to use N instead.

With different extension number length I would use the default short code *66*N# or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back